HDS Re-Opening Video
HELMER DANCE STUDIO
Dear Parents & Dancers,
During the past months, we at Helmer Dance Studio have been working hard to prepare the studio and adjust class times and room assignments to assure everyone is safe. While we are looking forward to having dancers back in the building, we must remain smart about this and comply with CDC regulations.
YOUR DANCER’S SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY! Here are some of the precautions we are taking:
• “Six-Feet-Safe” in the classrooms. The floor is marked to show dancers where to stand. Many of our little ones already know this as their “special dancing spot.”
• “Parking Spots” for dance bags & shoe changes are also “Six-Feet-Safe”.
• Social-Distancing upon entering & exiting the building.
• Barres will be wiped down between classes if used at all. Floors will also be disinfected between classes. Each evening the rooms will be decontaminated by an antimicrobial system designed to destroy harmful pathogens in the environment.
• Bathrooms will be regularly sanitized each night. For those students coming in for just one class, please encourage your dancer to use the restroom at home before coming to HDS.
• Class times may be modified for transition times and to limit the number of people in the building.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP:
• “Drop-Off” your dancer at the front entrance. To limit the number of people in the building, only students, staff and Faculty will be allowed in the studio. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in this matter.
• Teachers will assign each dancer their “Parking Spot” & “Dancing Spot”.
• “Pick-up” location will be determined at a later time. It will be dependent on dancer's age and class time.
*Please make sure your dancer has watched the re-opening video.
WHO SHOULD NOT COME TO CLASS AT HDS
• Any dancer feeling ill should stay home. (Fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.)
• Any dancer living with a family member who is ill should stay home.
• If someone in your household works in healthcare, they must NOT have been caring for COVID-19 patients for a period of two weeks before you are allowed to attend class.
• Anyone who feels they cannot comply with all procedures should also stay home.
We are so very excited to return to classes at HDS but we must insist that everyone take a very serious and cautious approach. We ALL want to stay safe & well! We continue to be so humbled that you entrust your precious children to us, we love them as our own!
Carol and Laura and the entire HDS Staff