COVID-19 UPDATED MASK REQUIREMENTS
All students (age 5 and over), staff and visitors must wear masks or similar face coverings inside the studio at all times.
When should my dancer stay home?
If a dancer or instructor/staff receives a notice from the County or school or knows that he/she has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, he/she needs to stay home from dance for 10 days from known exposure with no Covid test or 7 days with a negative test result and no symptoms.
If a dancer has a sibling or other family member who was notified by the county, the dancer may still come to dance class as long as he/she does not show symptoms.
If a dancer or instructor/staff lives with someone diagnosed with Covid, he/she may not return to dance until 10 days AFTER the Covid positive person ends home isolation.
If a dancer or instructor/staff tested positive with no symptoms, he/she may return to the studio 10 days after his/her negative Covid test.
If a dancer or instructor/staff tested positive with symptoms, he/she may return to the studio
10 days after symptoms first appeared and
24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
After a negative COVID test
If in doubt, staying home is best to ensure the safety of our dancers and staff. Dancers will be able to join the class through zoom while in quarantine.
What counts as close contact?
You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
HELMER DANCE STUDIO
Dear Parents & Dancers,
We at Helmer Dance Studio have been working hard to prepare the studio and adjust class times and room assignments to assure everyone is safe. While we are overjoyed to have dancers back in the building, we must remain smart about this and comply with CDC regulations.
YOUR DANCER’S SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY! Here are some of the precautions we are taking:
• “Six-Feet-Safe” in the classrooms. The floor is marked to show dancers where to stand. Many of our little ones already know this as their “special dancing spot.”
• “Parking Spots” for dance bags & shoe changes are also “Six-Feet-Safe”.
• Social-Distancing upon entering & exiting the building.
• Barres and dance floors will be disinfected every day. Each evening the rooms will be decontaminated by an antimicrobial system designed to destroy harmful pathogens in the environment.
• Bathrooms will be regularly sanitized each night. For those students coming in for just one class, please encourage your dancer to use the restroom at home before coming to HDS.
• Class times have been staggered to limit the number of people entering and exiting the building at one time.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP:
• “Drop-Off” your dancer at the front entrance. To limit the number of people in the building, only students and staff will be allowed in the studio, with the exception of parents of 2-year-olds. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in this matter. Anyone entering the buiding MUST wear a mask.
• Teachers will assign each dancer their “Parking Spot” & “Dancing Spot”.
• “Pick-up” your dancer at the side Staff Door/Sidewalk. For dancers who are preschool or elementary school age, a guardian must be at that sidewalk to pick up your dancer and walk them to the car. Please be on time, as we cannot have dancers waiting inside to be picked up and young dancers will not be allowed to walk to the parking lot alone. Teachers must have time to get back to their classroom to start the next class on time. Older dancers (middle school and high school age), will be allowed to exit through the staff door alone.
*Please make sure your dancer has watched the re-opening video. (watch below).
WHO SHOULD NOT COME TO CLASS AT HDS:
• Any dancer feeling ill should stay home. (Fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.)
• Any dancer living with a family member who is ill should stay home.
• If someone in your household works in healthcare, they must NOT have been caring for COVID-19 patients for a period of two weeks before you are allowed to attend class.
• Anyone who feels they cannot comply with all procedures should also stay home.
We are so very excited to return to classes at HDS but we must insist that everyone take a very serious and cautious approach. We ALL want to stay safe & well! We continue to be so humbled that you entrust your precious children to us, we love them as our own!
Carol and Laura and the entire HDS Staff